Minesh Khatri, MD
- Department of Medicine
Dr. Minesh Khatri is a member of the Department of Medicine as a nephrologist and general internist practicing at ColumbiaDoctors Midtown.
Dr. Khatri obtained his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine; he completed his internal medicine residency at University of Washington Medical Center and a nephrology fellowship at CUMC.
Dr. Khatri has clinical interests in chronic kidney disease, hypertension, kidney stones, electrolyte abnormalities, and preventive care.
His research interests include cardiovascular consequences of chronic kidney disease, as well as kidney disease progression.
Honors and AwardsFellow, Sarnoff Cardiovascular Research Foundation Sep 2005 – Aug 2006Abstract selected to the Scientific Program Highlights Plenary Session April 7, 2006
- 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology (San Diego, CA)
- Chronic Kidney Disease is associated with Cognitive Decline: the Northern Manhattan Study. Khatri M, Nickolas TL, Huang L, Santiago M, Sacco RL, Wright CB.
- Poster presentation at the 59th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology. Boston, MA; April 28 - May 5, 2007
- Platform presentation at the Washington State Chapter of the American College of Physicians Annual Meeting. Seattle, WA; Nov 6-8, 2008
- Chronic Kidney Disease is associated with White Matter Hyperintensity Volume: The Northern Manhattan Study.
- Khatri M, Wright CB, Nickolas TL, Yoshita M, Li L, Kranwinkel G, DeCarli C, Sacco RL.
- Poster presentation at the American Heart Association International Stroke Conference. San Francisco, CA; Feb 7-9, 2007.
- The Relationship between Renal Function and Stroke and Vascular Outcomes in a Multi−Ethnic Cohort: The Northern Manhattan Study (NOMAS). Khatri M, Nickolas TL, Boden-Albala B, Luo X, Gervasi-Franklin P, Radhakrishnan J, Paik MC, Sacco RL.
- Platform presentation at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Neurology. San Diego, CA; April 1-8, 2006.
Minesh Khatri, MD
is accepting new patients.
Call 212-326-3399 for appointments.
- Internal Medicine
- Kidney Disease
- Preventive Medicine
- Kidney Stones
- Primary Care
ColumbiaDoctors Midtown51 West 51st StreetNew York, NY 10019
- For new and current patient appointments, call:
- (212) 326-3399
Insurance ProgramsPlease contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
- Aetna [HMO, Medicare, NY Signature, POS, PPO, Signature Administrators, Student Health]
- Affinity [Essential (Exchange), Medicaid, Medicare]
- CIGNA [Great West, HMO, POS, PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield [Blue Priority, Child Health Plus, EPO, HMO, Medicare (Mediblue), Pathway (Exchange), POS, PPO]
- Fidelis Care [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health First [Child/Family Health Plus, Medicaid, Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [ConnectiCare, EPO, HMO, Medicaid, Medicare, PPO, Select Care (Exchange), Vytra]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [Medicaid]
- Health Republic - Freelancers (Exchange)
- Local 1199
- Oscar (Exchange)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom, Liberty, Medicare]
- United Healthcare [Compass (Exchange), HMO, Medicaid (Community Plan), Medicare, POS, PPO]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Select Health]
- Assistant Professor of Medicine at CUMC
Education And Training
- Duke University School of Medicine
- MD, Duke University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Education & Training
- Khatri M, Himmelfarb J, Adams D, Becker K, Longstreth WT, Tirschwell DL. Acute Kidney Injury is Associated with Increased Hospital Mortality after Stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2012 Jul 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Roshanravan B, Khatri M, Robinson-Cohen C, Levin G, Patel KV, de Boer IH, Seliger S, Ruzinski J, Himmelfarb J, Kestenbaum B. A Prospective Study of Frailty in Nephrology-Referred Patients With CKD. Am J Kidney Dis. 2012 Dec;60(6):912-21.
- Hudson BI, Moon YP, Kalea AZ, Khatri M, Marquez C, Schmidt AM, Paik MC, Yoshita M, Sacco RL, DeCarli C, Wright CB, Elkind MS. Association of serum soluble receptor for advanced glycation end-products with subclinical cerebrovascular disease: the Northern Manhattan Study (NOMAS). Atherosclerosis. 2011 May;216(1):192-8.
- Khatri M, Nickolas T, Moon YP, Paik MC, Rundek T, Elkind MS, Sacco RL, Wright CB. CKD Associates with Cognitive Decline. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009 Nov;20(11):2427-32.
- Sacco RL, Khatri M, Rundek T, Xu Q, Gardener H, Boden-Albala B, Di Tullio M, Homma S, Elkind MS, Paik MC. Improving Global Vascular Risk Prediction with Behavioral and Anthropometric Factors: The Multi-ethnic Northern Manhattan Cohort Study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54(24):2303-2311.
- Nickolas TL, Khatri M, Boden-Albala B, Kiryluk K, Luo X, Gervasi-Franklin P, Paik M, Sacco RL. The association between kidney disease and cardiovascular risk in a multiethnic cohort: findings from the Northern Manhattan Study (NOMAS). Stroke. 2008 Oct;39(10):2876-9.
- Khatri M, Wright CB, Nickolas TL, Yoshita M, Paik MC, Kranwinkel G, Sacco RL, DeCarli C. Chronic kidney disease is associated with white matter hyperintensity volume: the Northern Manhattan Study (NOMAS). Stroke. 2007 Dec;38(12):3121-6.
For a complete list of publications, please visit PubMed.gov